Thursday, September 14, 2017

They Make My Heart so Happy

On Tuesday I had my infusion, that I get every month to help keep the progression of my MS at bay.  Since then I have felt like shit.  I have been getting infusions for a year now and haven't felt like this in months.  Now I feel like I got hit by a bus.  So today I slept pretty much all day, so I didn't get to unloading and loading the dishwasher until the kids got home from school.  My middle child you know the maniac in the morning, really has the biggest heart, if he loves you he really loves you and you are lucky to have his love.  He is really going to make some girl happy after he turns 30.  Back to the dishwasher, he saw I was struggling and came over and asked if he could do it for me, I told him no to eat something before football.  Instead he stood there and handed me the lower rack because bending over was unbearable.  These are moments I will never forget.  Not only did I get lucky with this guy his older brother got home from school and noticed I wasn't feeling good either.  Clearly, I suck at hiding it.  Maybe I shouldn’t moan and groan so much.  I asked him if he wanted me to make him something to eat before he went to football and he said Mom no you go sit down and rest I can handle it.  I mean who gets this lucky especially twice in one day. 


Now my girl on the other hand holy moly, all I did was ask her to pick up her crap in the living room and put it in her room.  The screaming and yelling I am sure my neighbors were wondering if they should call the cops.  I mean I didn't put that shit there, and I sure as hell am not picking it up.  It literally took her one trip to take it upstairs.  It's not like I was asking her to scrub dub up our tub and get down on her hands and knees and wash the floor.  I only make her do that when she dresses up like Annie.  And yes she refuses to wear shirts around the house, another battle I just choose not to fight.  All in all, they are good little monsters.  Of course, they have their days where you just want them to go play in traffic, but I bet they wish I would go play in traffic too. 


 I am sure everyone says they have the best kids but for real I of course think mine take the cake.  The two older boys have really done so well with my diagnosis of this disease, the little one is still too little to understand, but they have been through a lot these past years with my hospital stays and so much resting.  They have adjusted so well.  The best part about it is I have always taught them to be kind and treat others with kindness and respect, and I think they are nailing it.  I am probably going to say this a lot like a broken record but they make my heart so proud, and no matter how many times they are assholes I will never love them any less.  With my husbands and my past, I know we are probably going to get hit with some heavy heavy heavy heavy payback when they are teens.  Payback is a bitch our parents love to tell us.  But I'm sure it’s nothing some boxing gloves can’t take care of.  I should have known from that day this picture was taken below little miss was going to be trouble.  I hope you enjoyed and will share with your friends.


No comments: