Wednesday, September 20, 2017

LIONS AND KITTENS AND DOGS OH MY

It's that season again, the one where every year I am paranoid we have mice in the house.  We have had a few in the past years and some years we haven't had any.  I got an exterminator he is great, really dedicated to his job.  He comes every 4 months.  I only need him for this season but he is so dedicated he is always showing up.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with that automatic withdrawal that happens when he does show up.  I just tell myself wow the ants aren't that bad this year, it’s totally got to be the exterminator.  So, whatever we let him keep coming.  But anyways because I get so crazy around this time of year always thinking we have a little Jerry roaming free, I came up with a great idea.  Well my daughter sort of came up with it but this is my blog not hers, so I came up with this idea to get a cat.  My husband and I have never had a cat and couldn't bring ourselves to do it at first.  I mean I would go over to other people’s houses who had cats and if that thing came near me I was out the door, no way no how.  My husband just kept insisting he hated them and we were absolutely not getting a cat.  Here is a picture of Piper.


Yup that's right we have a new member of the family.  We got her Friday from a fellow MS warrior.  My husband can say whatever he wants, he fell in love as soon as he held her.  He wouldn't even let me hold her on the car ride home.  My kids are head over heels about her and I just love her to pieces.  We named her Piper after a Phish song.  Phish what the hell is that, honestly you really don't want to know because I wish I didn't.  However, it is a band my husband is OBSESSED with, a very unhealthy unstable sick obsession.  This was part of the deal, if we got a cat her name would be after a Phish song.  Whatever I said as long as we try it out and bring her home.  She is a little thing, only 8 weeks old completely harmless.  That is unless you are an 8-year-old Staffordshire terrier, comparable to a pit bull.  This guy cracks my shit up I mean dude your 60 pounds of pure muscle and could eat the cat in one gulp, not to mention this guy was sleeping outside in his bed last week with a mouse laying next to him. I can't make this crap up. Anyways she tries to go by him and he jumps and scatters faster than me seeing a mouse.  Yesterday she was trying to play with him and he had nowhere to go so this asshole is trying to shove himself under the corner table hoping she won’t get him. 

We feel bad for him but he will catch on eventually.  We keep telling them both that he is the king of this castle.  She seems to get it, but him on the other hand well let’s just say woman are sometimes a little quicker than men.  NO OFFENSE   My husband who cuddles Piper and must constantly check on her insists he just got her to get the mice, so if you ask him that’s what he will tell you.  I have proof of him laying in bed with her, so don't fall for that crap if you see him, or I’m going to post it.  
Another agreement we had was I would be the one to take care of piper.  That’s fine but seriously the litter box my husband got is a joke.  The 3rd time all the litter came pouring out I had to look around to see if Ashton was here punking me.  It has three bins and your suppose to take one out really easily and be able to turn it and put it on the bottom.  WELL it hasn't happened yet not once and she has been here since Friday.  You know if you don't have enough shit to do around the house, go out and get a fricking cat.  I mean it makes perfect sense to me.  I do know much but I do know that Jerry is going to be one pissed off mouse when he finds out who moved in. So now everyone knows my husband and I are cat people.  We love our little piper.


No comments: