Monday, August 28, 2017

Lesson Learned (Never clean on Fridays!)

I cannot tell you how many times I have done this to myself.  I do it over and over and wake up on Monday thinking what the hell happened here.  My house was immaculate Friday by early afternoon, then it happened.  Moe, Larry, and Susie came home from school.  It all happened so fast, I mean I don't think I was in the bathroom that long but holy shit, you would have thought a tornado whipped through my living room while I popped a squat.  Shoes everywhere, uniforms just thrown where ever, socks, lunchboxes all of it.  I mean did they plan this.  Let's wait till she goes to the bathroom and bomb the place.  So of course, after losing my shit all was clean again.  THEN it happened I woke up today (after a super busy sports weekend) and it was like my house threw up.  I mean the dishes in the sink, how do 5 people, 3 being little, gather up so many dirty dishes.  Why or why can't anyone (husband included, also known for being worse than the kids) walk 2 steps and throw their dirty clothes downstairs.  I mean I'm not even asking you to put them in the laundry room just throw them down the stupid stairs.  And the dirtiest room in the house award goes to my little princess.  Princess my ass, I didn't even know she had so many toys, I couldn't even walk in her room.  She is only 6 how can something so little make something so messy.  Being a mom with Multiple Sclerosis doesn't stop the insanity of a dirty house.  They are mine though and I love them all. So, with all the holes in my brain I just put an x on the calendar for Mondays, so I remember I will be spending the day cleaning my disastrous house.   And if any of you have any tricks to keeping things together please comment and let me know your secrets.  

7 comments:

Telsa said...

Telsa Riley I tried posting under the blog but I don't think it went through πŸ€”This is me as well I was just diagnosed last October after actually suffering MS unknowingly for the last 15 years... (ps Drs are dumb) I also have type 1 diabetes since I was 11 and why my MS has gone undiagnosed for so long every dr writes off my symptoms as something diabetic related... I am a mother of five and my ms is really bad this last year almost daily I get dizzy I lose my sight and my hearing frequently and about 60% of my body has been numb for almost a year (sept it will be a year) I clean all day long sometimes I clean the same room twice And its rough cause I drop everything lol so I have no advice on that but the holes in the brain I totally get it and I hate it I repeat myself 100 times and don't realize it til some one points it out... I knew nothing of ms when I was diagnosed I was mortified and even more as I researched the disease but it's so nice to read someone else's take on it and experiences you have no idea what it means to hear it I don't feel so alone then and I feel like I can relate

Mommy has MS said...

So sorry to hear your battling this monster. I can't believe how many people are being diagnosed it's absolutely crazy. It is so scary because the unpredictability of it all. I have optic neuritis and ataxia. I have glasses now and use a cane and scooter. It's not an easy road that's for sure. Are you on any meds? I am on my 4th one and it has kept me stable for a year now. Yahoo!! If you have any questions please ask I will try and answer them. If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm here for that too. Thanks for your feedback too I appreciate it. I don't know why the comments won't work still working on itπŸ˜€

Telsa said...

Omg I'm so sorry about that... and yes they started me in avonex and it's awful in fact I was just told to stop it this week and we're gonna retest my JC virus mine was a 3.6 and meds to be under two to go in the tysaubri 😞 I am getting retested next week and praying it's under two πŸ™πŸ™

Mommy has MS said...

Tysabri is what I am on but I'm jc negative, I'll keep you in my prayers your number comes down so you can do tysabri i think I would be in a wheelchair now if I hadn't started it I have been on it 12 months now. Please let me know how it goes

Telsa said...

omg thank you so much... that is what they keep telling me as well this disease is so frightening I will pray for you as well I'm so glad to have found a kindred I'm so heartbroken it's in these terms tho

Blair said...

Keep up the good work. I bribe my kids with allowance and other privileges to get them to do chores and keep life together. Then some horrible symptom flares up and it all goes to shit because I have to use all of my energy that day to work

DebbieAnne said...

Barb, really good and honest. You can try having the kids make their beds before breakfast. Explain that when they get out of bed, they should make it, when they come for breakfast, ask them if their bed is made. If not, send them back to their room. Explain it will only take a minute or two. (You know it doesn't have to be perfect.)
Then try an hour before bedtime, give them each a job - pick up the toys in your bedroom, pick up 15 things that don't belong in the living room and put them away,... Do it at least an hour before bedtime so they have plenty of time AND they can't use it to delay their bedtime. You can try putting on fun music and see who can do the best dance while they clean up, you can have a contest to see who finishes first....
Just a few ideas. Keep writing, you're really good! Love you!!